- You will be informed of your specific duties by email with your roster. You may receive further information from your Area Manager immediately prior to the festival.
- Some roles require attendance at a Volunteer Induction on the Friday evening or Saturday morning of the festival. Details will be advised with your roster notification.
- Some roles require particular skills or qualifications e.g. Working With Children Check, RSA or First Aid Certificate. You will be asked to upload copies of these qualifications when you register online.
- If you have a particular skill that you feel will be of value to the festival, and it is not listed already, please note it in the comment box on your registration form.
- There are a limited number of roles for volunteers between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Youth volunteers require consent from a parent/legal guardian and must bring that parent/legal guardian for initial check-in.
- You will receive an immediate acknowledgement on submission of your online registration.
- Shift allocations are usually made by the first week in February and you can expect to receive notification of your specific shifts by then.
- Adults: minimum of 9 hours (3 x 3 hours)
- Youth (13 – 17 years old): minimum of 6 hours (2 x 3 hours)
- a full Weekend Festival Ticket
- a Volunteer T-Shirt
- a sense of achievement in making a valuable contribution to a community event
- Volunteers are required to organise, and pay for, their own accommodation, including camping, for the whole festival weekend. Please find info on accommodation here.
- On application to the Volunteer Manager, Volunteers for the festival setup can be provided with a camping permit for up to 3 nights pre-festival.
No. There is no reserved parking for volunteers but there is plenty of free parking in Nannup during the festival weekend for everyone. There is also a Shuttle Bus from the festival campground to the main festival site throughout the weekend.
- Roster allocation is done according to the information you provide on the online registration form. You are encouraged to provide as much information as possible to assist the Volunteer Manager to allocate appropriate shifts to you.
- Age limits apply in some areas. You will be asked to provide your age during registration.
- To assist in the smooth running of the festival, it is likely you will be allocated to the same position for more than one shift over the Festival.
- Volunteers who are not available for setup and/or pack down should expect to do be allocated at least one Sunday shift and one night shift.
- On arrival at Nannup Music Festival you are required to check in at the Volunteer HQ. The Volunteer HQ will be open from 9 am to 9 pm on Friday and from 7 am to 10 pm on Saturday & Sunday.
- All volunteers must check-in at least 1 hour prior to their first shift. If for any reason you are held up please contact the Volunteer Manager.
- On check-in you will be asked to confirm your details (as per your online registration) and to check your roster.
- You will then be provided with your wristband which gives you full weekend entry to all venues throughout the Festival. You will also be issued with your Volunteer T-shirt.
- Thereafter, you will need to report to the Volunteer HQ at least 15 minutes prior to each shift to receive specific instructions about your duties, allowing time to make your way to your post and for handover from the previous Volunteer.
- At the end of each shift, you will be required to return to the Volunteer HQ to sign off. If your replacement has not arrived by handover time, please advise the Volunteers on duty at the Volunteer HQ.
The Volunteer HQ will be open from 9 am until 1 pm on the Wednesday and Thursday prior to the festival. The Secret Garden at 20 Brockman Street is the base for all pre-festival shifts.
- If you do not sign up early we can’t guarantee that you will (a) be able to work in your preferred area, or (b) that there will be enough shifts remaining in any area to make up the hours you need to qualify for free entry.
- There are sometimes last-minute shifts that need to be filled across the festival due to illness or no-shows. Please head to the Volunteer HQ and ask what’s available.
It takes a huge effort to make the Nannup Music Festival a success. We realise that things may crop up ‘last minute’ which might prevent you from attending so we ask that you communicate with us in a timely manner.
- If you find that you can’t make the Festival it is your responsibility to cancel your shifts. Please contact the Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you possibly can so that a replacement can be found.
- Volunteers who don’t cancel in advance and simply don’t turn up can significantly undermine the smooth running of the festival. This will affect any future application you may make.